Arizona State University Jewish Studies
Students, faculty, staff and Friends of Jewish Studies at ASU understand: knowledge is inseparable from identity formation and knowledge transforms the present and the future. Come learn with us today, and help create a better tomorrow.
Event details are subject to change. Please check regularly for updates.
All events are free and open to all. No reservation required unless otherwise indicated.
Join us for a special reception, as we recognize the accomplishments of the 2015-2016 Joan Frazer Memorial Award for Judaism and the Arts Recipients at Arizona State University. Students will present their research and completed projects.
2015-2016 Award Recipients:
- Alexandra Birch | lecture recital related to preservation of Holocaust-era composers and modern reactionary works
- Nicole Blumenstein | "Jury's Out: Music Students for the Community" Organization, Bikkur Holim
- Ilana Bruce | formation of a Jewish a capella group at ASU
- Shane Lutzk | Holocaust commemorative plate for display in the Greater Phoenix Jewish community
- Jeffrey Sachs | B'Shert: a play about Judaism, Incarceration and Mental Health
You are invited to join us for coffee and dessert as Jewish Studies honors the accomplishments of Jewish Studies degree, certificate and award recipients and recognizes the benefactors who make these awards possible.
Scholarship Recipient Presentations:
- Gil Dori: dissertation research: Holocaust-inspired compositions by Israeli composer Arie (Arik) Shapira
- John Horan: Intern/Exchibit Graduate Assistant: Jews of Shanghai
- Naomi Telushkin: Creation of a site-specific theater piece interacting with the Jewish Museum of Berlin